Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day02 in Bangkok

Day02 in Bangkok
Checked out what is displaying on my flat screen TV... 
I was so shock when I saw my TV is showing me something like this *I really thought that I'm in the dream land d*. Almost all the people said I was playing Dota when I'm holiday in Bangkok. Well, I think I need to clarify for something that I was not playing Dota but really watching a TV show which talking about Dota from two guys.
I took the day tour to visit Ayudhaya state on my second day. In normal practice, tourists are assigned to take bus to Ayudhaya city and back to Bangkok city by cruise in afternoon time. As the period I visited was just had serious flood and people are still worry for the increasing of water level at Chao Phraya river*main river across Bangkok city*, thus our tour guide decided to let us take cruise to Ayudhaya state in the morning and back to Bangkok city by bus in the afternoon.
What a cloudy morning *while waiting for our  grand pearl cruise*....
Self-shooting inside the cruise. ~v~

View of Grand Palace from Chao Phraya river...

I like this bridge, for no reason.

Before lunch...
All of the tourists are doing sunbathing at the deck while enjoying the scenery along Chao Phraya river.
And so for me, doing sunbathing without sunblock, sunglass, hat, and water, under the big sun in 12 noon Malaysia time. I had decided to treat my new friend with Singha beer *product from Thailand*. Finally I realized how nice to enjoy the cold beer under the big sun, even without any sun-block. :)
Some Wat *'Wat' is the meaning of temple in Thailand* is sinked in the water along Chao Phraya river.
We reached the modern palace namely Bang Pa-In Palace *not really remember the story and background of it, as I was really busy to take photos with the scenery*.
                                      
As kind of respect to the palace, whoever wearing shorts and sleeveless are required to borrow the long cloth at the reception *if I'm not mistaken, just fill in some details into the book and pass the receptionist THB100 as deposit. You will get full refund when you leave the palace*.
Me, in the traditional long cloth *anyone know how to call this please just let me know, thanks*.
People are saying me look likes Thai chinese. Think it might be a compliment, too bad I still sad for this as I really wish people just say I'm from Malaysia.
Chinese words found in the temple!
Europe style.

Mmmm those people or queen or king who stayed here before, used to enjoy their high tea in this unique Europe-style house.
I was so addicted by this garden! Nice cutting to make plant to look as elephant.
Well, I was still in Bangkok. Again, missed the story. If I'm not mistaken, some China Dynasty king was linked with Thai's King and that's why they build this.
Thanks for the cute tour guide.
Dark-piece of me with the nice scenery at the back.
My new friend in the trip, Rita, from Italy. Really wish to meet her in Italy later on.
I heard that Ayudhaya state was having serious flood and people drown. The minor flooding scenery is still, even after a week of flood.
Taadaa~ This is the reason behind for me to visit Ayudhaya state!
The ancient city of Ayudhaya~

According from tour guide, the Buddha head will move further in for few cm every few years *missed story again* cause of the growing of tree is pulling the Buddha head further and further in.
As respective for the Buddha head, every person needs to squat-down while taking photo/s with Buddha head. There was also a guard who just sit beside of Buddha head and give warning to those who didn't squat-down.


Giant Buddha.



Second friend of the trip, Giora, from Israel.
Well, I was really tried and tried hard to touch on the elephant.
The second Wat. *missed the name again*


Back to hotel and went to take a look at the swimming pool. It's a rooftop kind of swimming pool with bar. *don't hope so much, the pool is not big as picture*
Decided to walked out to somewhere nearby for dinner. Discovered something nice called 'kiao' *or Thai style dumpling* and its cost really cheap *I think just ~THB50*.
 Took train from Silom station to Lumphini for the famous night bazaar *how can I miss the chance of shopping even I was really tired and fever?*
First time meeting with my senior after we knew each other more than 5 years. :) Thanks for the ride to Sukhumvit *too bad didn't enter those night club :(* and the road-showing for where the riot happened half year ago.  Also, need to thanks for the senior to bring me my first ever Black Label :)
Here is a little bit of sharing about what I had bought in the night bazaar....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Package Info: 
Ayutthaya: ~1800THB/ person *included transport, tea, lunch, and tour guide*


~signed off by Jun~

No comments:

Post a Comment